Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 8, 2010 First day of Preschool!

 The boys have been soooooo excited to go to preschool.  They have been driving me crazy for weeks asking if today was the day they would start.  I have had mixed emotions about them going ranging from excitement (yay, freedom for me!) to sadness (where have my babies gone?).  I think every mom goes through this.  Finally their first day arrived.  They have afternoon preschool which made for a looong morning.  Just before they left I snapped a few pictures.  Standing still and smiling for the camera is not one of Carter's favorite activities, but I did manage to get a couple of cute ones. 
A very excited Spencer:

 A slightly impatient Carter:


 And some silly ones:


I tried to prepare the boys as much as possible for this new adventure in their lives.  I carefully explained that I would just be dropping them off and then leaving.  As they walked into their classroom and were greeted by their teacher Carter shook her hand and said, "Wow, great classroom!"  I could tell Spencer was a little nervous at first, so I stuck around for a little bit to make sure they were OK.  That's when Carter looked at me and said, "Mom, aren't you supposed to leave now?"  I managed to snap a couple of pictures even though by that point the last thing either of them wanted to do was smile for the camera.  As I got in the car to leave I remember saying outloud, "Whew, it's hot in here."  Then I realized that I was the only one in the car and I was talking to myself.  This is going to take some getting used to.
I really can't believe that my babies are 4 and in preschool!  I don't know where the time has gone, but I do know that I Love, Love, Love these boys!!

1 comment:

Becka said...

Such a bittersweet moment! Also, I've been known to listen to a Barney CD for 10 minutes (and sing along) before I realized I was the only one in the car!