My dad bought a truck and trailer this year and decided it was time to take his grandsons camping. So we all loaded up and headed to Jordanelle/Wasatch for a few days. Growing up we went camping all of the time, but this was the first time the boys had ever been. I don't know who was more excited, my dad or the boys. The boys are so lucky to have such awesome grandparents that want to spend their vacation time with them. As soon as we got there and got out of the car they wanted to go fishing - so we did.
A right of passage - their first campfire and smores.
We let Grandpa and Dad go fishing for awhile and we stayed behind and made a birdhouse craft.
There were fireworks over the lake the weekend we were there - they ended up being not so much over the lake as to the side of the lake. Still pretty cool.
The boys never had a problem going to sleep, they played hard all day.
Our campsite at Wasatch.
We visited a fish hatchery.
We fished in the Uintah's. It was the perfect backdrop for the boys to catch their first fish.
We had a quick bite on our way to our next fishing spot.
This little pond was the perfect spot to throw our poles in the water. It had ducks and a playground that kept the boys occupied.
Poor Matt tried so hard the whole trip to catch a fish, but for whatever reason it just wasn't working out for him. At the end of this day he'd had enough and handed me his pole. I cast it in a few times and wasn't paying much attention to the pole because I was taking some pictures when all of the sudden I felt a TUG. I was so surprised, I almost forgot what to do. It's been a long time since I've caught a fish, and since the boys weren't around I reeled this little guy in all by myself. I *almost* felt guilty knowing Matt still hadn't caught anything.
My mom and I bought butterfly nets and bug catching kits for the boys. It was fun going on nature walks with them trying to catch bugs.
Look what Dad caught us:
At least someone enjoyed our bird feeder:
The last day we were there Matt and my dad went golfing at Wasatch while Mom and I hung out with the boys. We did see them on the golf course for a minute. The boys thought it was so cool to sit in the cart with dad. I love that the small things bring them such joy.
While the men golfed we hung out at the pond fishing, feeding the ducks, and playing on the play ground.
It was a really fun camping trip, but just like most camping trips it was great to come home, shower, and sleep in our own beds.
No comments:
Post a Comment