Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Happy Birthday/Mother's Day
Today is the boys' birthday. They are FOUR years old! There is a lot of things to celebrate on this day, and one of those is that four years ago today I became a mother. Because of that today feels more like Mother's Day for me then some random day in May. I have been reflecting a lot about my opportunity to be a mother lately, and the profound ways that it has changed my life. I can still perfectly remember the moment, after all of the chaos of my labor, after most people has left the hospital, after the boys had been in the nursery for what seemed like forever, when they finally wheeled two bassinets into my room and the nurse laid a tiny bundle in each of my arms. I finally had the change to really look at them, to feel their warmth, to smell them, to touch them. i kept looking from one to the other trying to remember what they looked like and how I felt at that moment, because it was in that moment that everything changed for me. I was a mother. I am a mother. I feel so blessed to have these two precious souls in my life that call me Mom. A lot of times people will say to me, "I don't know how you do it with twins." I usually smile and say that I don't always do it well, but I am trying. I have been at this job for 4 years, and I've made a lot of mistakes, and I still have a lot to learn, but I am tyring to be the best mom that I can be. I am truly blessed. So Happy Birthday Spencer and Carter - I love you!! And Happy Mother's Day to me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been thinking along those same lines - I'm going to buy my mother flowers for MY birthday. Thanks, mom, for giving me a birthday!
Post a Comment