Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Birthday Boys

There are few things more special in life then witnessing the excitement and pure joy of two little boys on the day of their birthday party. They could barely contain themselves waiting for their guests to arrive. I loved the excitement over the little things, "Mom, you got us balloons!?!?" "Those presents are for us?" "Is that my Spiderman cake I ordered from the grocery store? I love it!!" They had a great party surrounded by all of their family.


I took the boys to Wal-Mart earlier this week and let them look through the cake book and each pick out which cake they wanted. When I went to pick them up on the morning of the party I had a lot of comments about the two cakes I had in my basket. I just smiled and said that's because I have twins, how lucky am I? One person suggested that I should just buy one big cake next year and let them share - she obviously doesn't know the rule of 2 at our house. We've always had two of everything - 2 cribs, 2 highchairs, 2 bouncers, 2 bikes under the tree - you get the idea. The rule of 2 is especially enforced on their birthday - 2 giant Spiderman balloons, 2 pinatas, 2 cakes, and 2 of every present - 2 kites, 2 puzzle books, 2 Diego outfits - well, you get the idea.
I love it, and wouldn't trade it for anything.










The rule of 2 exception: games that they can share.






I wish I'd had a video of Matt trying to light the candles on the cakes. He was using matches and he'd light the last candle and then go to blow out the match and blow out all of the candles. He did it twice, so funny!

There were clear lines drawn as to which cake people wanted - The kids had strong opinions on Spiderman vs. Kung Fu Panda, while the adults had strong opinions on white cake vs. chocolate cake.
The pinatas almost didn't happen. Before the party I stuck them in the corner so they would be out of the way. Luckily they were spotted before the end of the party because I totally forgot about them. I'm glad we remembered them because the kids had a blast with them.




It was a great party and everyone had a lot of fun, especially the boys.

No comments: