Thursday, November 13, 2008

Life Lessons


I've heard lots of stories of people dropping their cell phones in toilets and I've always wondered how that could possibly happen. I found out the hard way a couple of days ago at school. My cell phone was in the front pocket of my scrub top and as I was straightening my top my cell phone fell out of the pocket and plopped right in the toilet. Being the quick thinker that I am I just stood there looking at it wondering what I should do - was there something I could use to get it out, did I have enough time to run and get a glove, should I just leave it there...luckily one of my friends was in the stall next to me to offer advice.


Me: Tina! I just dropped my cell phone in the toilet, what should I do?!

Tina: Hurry and grab it

Me: But I peed in the toilet....

Tina: Hurry before it flushes!!


So I grabbed it. I was laughing hysterically at this point and lucky for me Tina had been in this situation before so she knew what to do. After we washed it off she took the phone apart and helped me dry it under the hand dryer. Then she told me to wait 24 hours, put the phone back together and it should work fine. She was right, it works great! And now I know what to do if it ever happens again, another valuable life lesson learned.

2 comments:

AprilF said...

OMG! That is hilarious and terrible all at the same time!

Anna said...

Lol! Thank goodness it still works :)