Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cookies & Cousins

This year while the men went to the Priesthood Session of Conference I decided to invite Melanie and her kids over to make and decorate Halloween cookies. This may not sound like a big deal to most people, but I'm not most people.  I dusted off my bright shiny cookies sheets that I got for my wedding 9 years ago (they've only been used a handful of times, most of which have not been for cookies), and I went out and bought myself that rolling pin that everyone can't believe I've gone so long without (I've just used a glass the 3 or 4 times I've needed to).  I'm not going to lie, there were some comical moments due to my inexperience in the baking department, but in the end I think everyone had fun. We had flour and frosting everywhere and I still come across a random sprinkle every now and then.  There were no complaints when the men returned home, they gobbled our cookies right up!










1 comment:

RyanandHailee said...

So fun!!! I love to make cookies! The boys are so big.. seriously what happens to time and who are we kidding they are so dang handsome! Miss you :(