Sunday, September 4, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

The boys first day of kindergarten was fun, we were all way excited. They have afternoon kindergarten, half days, so they don’t go until 12:45. That made for a long first part of the day. As we were finally getting ready to go I asked Carter if he was going to miss me and he very matter-of-factly said, "No." (sad, right??). Then Spencer tried to make me feel better by telling me not to be sad because I would have Mario Kart all to myself while they were gone (I guess he thought that since that would cheer him up it would work for me too). When we got to the school they had all of the kids and parents meet in one room first to have a ‘cookies and kleenex’ meeting. They had all of the kids give their parents hugs and then they left the room and we had to stay and listen to the rules about drop off, pick up, PTA etc. I did get a little teary eyed as I watched them leave the room waiting to see if they would turn around for one last wave, but they didn’t even look back - little stinkers are too grown up!!  I didn't think I would be so sad, but I kinda was.  I was glad that Matt was there with me and was able to be home for the rest of the afternoon so I didn't have to face an empty house alone on my first day.  He even bought me lunch, so that was a nice bonus!







No comments: