On day two we started off in California Adventure. As soon as we walked in the park the boys started asking when we were going on Splash Mountain again. We had to work hard to convince them that there were other fun rides we needed to try. Here's out little family walking into the park.
The first thing we came across was Max, so we grabbed a picture.
After Max we hit A Bugs Life. Both of the boys were freaked out by all of the 3-D effects and Matt ended up taking Carter out of the theater because he was so scared - poor buddy! We took it easy for a bit after that.
I'm not even sure what this ride is called, but there was no line for it so we rode it about 4 times - which was enough to sufficiently make me sick. The boys loved it and every time I had to drag Carter off of the ride. He didn't really understand why he had to get off and go back around, he wanted to just stay on and he didn't have a problem letting everyone know it.
Spencer was most excited to go on the Ferris Wheel because he's seen these on TV and had always wanted to ride one. Of course the boys wanted to ride in the cars that would swing back and forth but I was still trying to recover from the previous ride and wasn't feeling up to it. So Matt took the boys in a swinging car and I stuck with the old folks in a non-swinging car. Here are the boys coming off of the Ferris Wheel.
The carousel is always a hit with everyone, well except for me.
The Toy Story line was super long, probably one of the longest we'd seen at the park and of course Spencer had to go to the bathroom right in the middle of it. My mom took him for me, which I was glad for. It wasn't easy to get out of that line or to get back in it. We all loved the ride, it was pretty cool! After the ride the boys talked Matt into getting them a Buzz Lightyear figure that lit up. Spencer was so excited and he carried Buzz around with him everywhere for the next week.
As we were walking we just happened to run into Handy Manny. I don't think either of the boys were super excited about him, but we made them stand in line anyway - hey, that's what we were there for, right? Spencer decided to wait over in the shade with his Buzz.
By about 6:00 we had seen all we wanted to see at California Adventure and headed back over to Disneyland. On his way out of California Adventure Matt didn't get his hand stamped and they almost didn't let him into the Disneyland side, even though we had our tickets. I had to dig my camera out and show them a picture of Matt at California Adventure to prove we had been there....crazy! Of course all the boys wanted to do was go on Splash Mountain, so we did.
After Splash Mountain my parents hung out with the boys while Matt and I went on Indiana Jones, one of the few rides that the boys were too short to ride. We left the park soon after that and went to get some dinner. The boys both fell asleep at the table during dinner and we had to lug them back to our room.
Later that night as I was looking over some of our pictures from that day I came across this one which is one of my favorites from the trip. The boys were so excited that they got to see Woody, especially because they were both wearing their Toy Story shirts. Very cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment