I was so, so excited to get hardwood floors installed. It was quite the process actually. First they delivered the wood so we had a ginormous pile of wood sitting in our kitchen. Then we had to move all of our furniture into the garage and clear everything off of the walls. It was loud, dirty, and exhausting trying to keep the boys entertained all day while we were cooped up in my bedroom. The process took about 4 days from start to finish, and we are so happy with the result! The day after we had them installed one of the boys had a bloody nose that dripped all over the floor. It was so awesome to just wipe it up and be done. Since then we've had everything from dirt, vomit, styrofoam, more blood, etc. on the floor and it is so easy to clean up - I'm in love! Here's a few pics of the process.
We had to sleep at my mom's house the night they put the finish on the floors because the smell was so toxic. The next day when we went to our house to see the finished product I walked in and there on the wall was a picture of the Salt Lake Temple that I have had my eye on. Matt had bought it to surprise me and had gone over earlier in the day to hang it up. He said that they fumes were so toxic he could only stand to be in the house for a few minutes so he just hung it on the wall as fast as he could without centering it or anything. I still can't believe he was able to keep it a secret and not tell me. It was such a great surprise!
Here's the finished product - love it!
2 comments:
WOW! The floors look great! I love that picture too! I need to make a trip up to see it in person!
I love it!!! I just did some updating in my kitchen, and realized things are always more work than you think they will be. Oh, and I DESPISE styrophom!!!!! I have cleaned that up more times than I care to remember.
Post a Comment